PICE-JSCE Joint Seminar 2014
"FIELD SURVEYS, ANALYSIS AND MITIGATION STRATEGIES FOR TYPHOONS AND OTHER COASTAL HAZARDS IN THE PHILIPPINES AND JAPAN"
Date: 28 November 2014 (Friday)
Time: 9am – 5pm
Venue: The Sulo Riviera Hotel, Quezon City
Program (subject to change):
1. Overview of the results of joint survey (hydrodynamics, storm surge/waves and wind damages)
PICE-JSCE Joint Survey Team
2. Coastal hazards: a backgrounder
3. Characteristics of storm surge and stormy waves based on numerical analysis
T.Yasuda, DPRI, Kyoto Univ.
4. Forecast, present warning system and initial response of local residents
PAGASA [c/o PICE] (TBA)
5. Case studies from Japan
a) Tsunami Countermeasures– T. Muronaga, DPWH-JICA
b) Recent coastal disasters due to stormy waves – Y.Tajima, Univ. of Tokyo
c) Present protection and mitigation strategies around Tokyo Bay – K. Suzuki, PARI
6. Current disaster mitigation and infrastructure development in the Philippines or NCR
c/o PICE/DPWH (TBA)
7. Severe wind damage on structures due to Typhoon Yolanda
8. Analysis of wind loadings due to Typhoon Yolanda
H.Nishimura, DPRI, Kyoto Univ.
9. JICA Study Team for the Project on Rehabilitation and recovery from Typhoon Yolanda
Dr. K. Kumagai, JICA Philippines Office
10. Discussions for future disaster mitigations and collaborative research
a) Future coastal hazard under global warming scenario– H.Nobuoka, Ibaraki Univ.
b) Disaster mitigation schemes for Philippine coastlines – PICE/JSCE/DPWH-JICA (TBA)
c) Update/revision of engineering code and manuals – PICE (TBA)
d) Research imperatives and dissemination to LGUs – UPD/PICE (TBA)
11. Summary of presentations and discussions
Speaker: PICE (TBA)